Nepean Bay Kangaroo Island 14th Sepr, 1836 I am sure you will be pleased to hear that we arrived here safely the day before yesterday after a long but calm and pleasant passage. We got off the Western Coast of Kangaroo Island the beginning of last week after a favourable run from Rio, but had [...]
Your search for 'John Morphett' found:
Briefly about the John Morphett:
John Morphett (1809-1892) was the son of a London solicitor. On leaving school at the age of 16 he worked in a commercial firm in London, before joining another firm in Alexandria, Egypt. On returning to England in 1834 he became interested in the South Australian Association and published a circular with the lengthy title: Reasons [...]Read more about the John Morphett
Journal Entries written by: John Morphett
Wednesday 14 September 1836
Sign up for email updates:
View weekly posts by topic
View journal extracts by ship:
View journal extracts by person:
- Pam said I've also been researching these brothers. After...
- Allison said Thanks for the information, Diane. We'll look i...
- Allison said Thanks for the information, Judy. Cheers, Alliso...
- Judith said Chris. are you aware of the Alford American Family...
- Don Hennig said I need the details of how to obtain your book plea...
3 months ago
3 months ago
8 months ago